View Single Post
Old 08-26-2008, 01:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chette777 View Post
Yes it was Historically written to the professing Jews prior to Pauls revelation of the Mysteries of the church and salvation by faith alone wihtout works. thsoe Jews were saved under the Kingdom Gopsel by Christ and by Peter in Acts 2.

dispensationally it is to beleiving Jews in the Tribulation to come also. you need only see what Gospel was taught to HEBREWS ONLY. the Gospel of the Kingdom which was faith on Christ PLUS WORKS.

spiritually it will apply to us only inthe application to refrain from sinfulness in our lives. BUT NO LOSS OF SALVATION.

Research your Bible you will find three Gospels inthe NT. the Gospel of the Kingdom, the Gospel of Christ and the Everlasting Gospel. Things that are different are not the same.
I do believe in dividing the Gospels, but do not find any scriptural (doctrinal) evidence that Hebrews was written for any economy other than the Gospel of grace and the revealed mystery preached to Jews and Gentiles. The evidence of the historocity of Hebrews points to sometime between the first and second imprisoment in Rome of Paul, of whom is the likely human author, penned by his scribe Timothy. In no way was there any implication of loss of salvation.

Hebrews 13:23 Know ye that our brother Timothy is set at liberty; with whom, if he come shortly, I will see you.

(from Italy)
Hebrews 13:24 Salute all them that have the rule over you, and all the saints. They of Italy salute you.

Hebrews 13:25 Grace be with you all. Amen. <<Written to the Hebrews from Italy by Timothy.>>

(in prison)
Hebrews 10:34 For ye had compassion of me in my bonds, and took joyfully the spoiling of your goods, knowing in yourselves that ye have in heaven a better and an enduring substance.