View Single Post
Old 08-25-2008, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peopleoftheway View Post
Well put Luke and thats a lovely psalm, Well explained forrest I agree that the LORD will never allow us to bear more than we are able.
I too hate sin, I too am more aware of sin as a Born again Christian. I have a new radar as such for sin, where before I didn't think I was doing anything particularly wrong but The grace of Our LORD Jesus showed me different, for example music choice, some of the music I was listening to was sinful, secular and wrong but conviction led me to leave that behind, every day I discover something about sin in my life that I didn't realise was sin, before salvation, and I am more than sure that this will continue until the LORD calls me Home or comes for us. I long for the day when we are raised incorruptible, finally removed from the shackles of sin, what beautiful heights of ecstasy we will reach!
As for dealing with the temptation, I just get on my Knees and ask for the strength and mercy to overcome the tempter, and when I stumble I get up and try again.
For a just man falleth seven times, and riseth up again: but the wicked shall fall into mischief. Prov 24:16
I find comfort in a verse from Jeremiah and Proverbs regarding correction of my sins.

Jeremiah 10:23.24
O LORD, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps.
O LORD, correct me, but with judgment; not in thine anger, lest thou bring me to nothing.

Proverbs 3:11,12
My son, despise not the chastening of the LORD; neither be weary of his correction:
For whom the LORD loveth he correcteth; even as a father the son in whom he delighteth.
Man, isn't that verse from Jeremiah so true! I have felt time and time again that one of these days God will deal with me in His consuming anger. I've feared it all the days I've walked in Christ Jesus. However, I know that in Christ Jesus there is now no condemnation since my sins have been seperated from me. None the less it is still a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God!

for His sake,
Stephen

EDIT: By the way, Luke that is such a heart wrenching Scripture. I nearly cried thinking of David and his struggle with sin. Like David, I can't wait to be done with this grave of a body, and be in the presence of Almighty God someday!