View Single Post
Old 05-26-2009, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzoff1031 View Post
I also wanted to add that, as of now, I still don't go to church. I allow any doctrine or belief that comes across to influence me. I want to know I'm saved, and I want my wife (who's completely against religion) to be saved with me. What must I do?
What must I do?

This brings to mind Acts 16:30, after the guard brought Silas and Paul out of the prison, he asked, "...Sirs, what must I do to be saved?"

In verse 30 is the very simple answer: "And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house."

A lot of people question it, doubt it - 'Is that really all it takes to be saved? What do I DO???'

For salvation? NOTHING - just believe. The evidence of your faith comes later. There are no FEELINGS involved. People think they'll miraculously FEEL a tremendous change. That change is ongoing. It takes time, as we trust more and more in the Lord and release our own will and allow HIS will to reign in our life. Everyone grows at their own pace. Milk changes to meat, when the time is right.

As far as your wife goes - the worst thing you can do is "preach" at her. I think a loved one is more easily convinced by our behavior, than by our words. Let the Word of God be the words that she wants to hear, once she sees the new JOY that you have. As you grow in your Christian life, those fruits of the spirit become more visible.

Honestly, I wouldn't put finding a church as a huge priority. It's wonderful to find a group of true Christians - yet sooooooo many churches today are truly maligning God's Word with their own man-made doctrines and tenets of faith. I feel much more solid in my faith by reading and studying the Bible on my own, than when I try to search out a church and see the lies that come from the pulpits. I'm not against church attendance - but I would think that being misled in a wrong church with unbiblical leadership would be much worse than reading the Bible and studying to "shew thyself approved..."

I'll be praying for you and your wife brother!

Jassy