Thread: Repentance
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2008, 10:14 AM

Sorry I was refering to my questioning of Stephanos explanation of repentance of Acts 2 and that is the reference of my statment and questions.

As far as repentance being a requirement of Salvation. sorry it is not, for your salvtion is through Grace by faith alone, not of repentance(works), lest you should boast.

If you will rightly divide as your signature says you will know that 2Tim 2:25 does not support repentance as a requirement for salvation. and that there can not be any works of a mans own righteousness for his salvation.

that is why I asked the questions that Stephenos never sought answer for himself. they weren't for me to get answers but for him to get a clear anwer to what Peter was saying and why. I had to spoon feed him the answers.

by the way Josh, romans 10:9, 10 does not support repentence for salvation either. that simply states that if a man believes let him confess with is mouth what has taken place in his heart.

By the way Josh, Romans 10:9, 10 does not teach or support repentacne for salvation either

Repentance is not required for Salvation. for the believers repentence is a work that accompanies his salvation.

As far as turning to God for salvation and not in ones own works. that repentance is a work of God via the Holy Ghost.

that is why Paul was instructing Timothy to teach the turth if perhaps God might give them repentance.

When I turned to Christ from a life of drugs, alchohol and self will. that was God granting me repentence. I struggled for four months before I was free from drugs and alcohol and cigarettes. my repentance of drugs was not immediate but my turnig to Christ was.

I only turned to Christ because a man of God was faithful to teach the truth and I who had opposed truth received repentance from the Lord to trust in Christ via the Holy Ghost. But I was saved before I repeneted of any sin.

there is a work of the Holy Ghost in your Life and a work you do. but no work you do will give you salvation. that work is all of God by the convinceing power of the Holy Ghost of Sin, Judgement and Righteousness when we are convinced to beleive that in Christ all that had been settled onthe cross we simply beleive on his finished work.

Last edited by chette777; 07-18-2008 at 10:21 AM.