View Single Post
Old 05-23-2009, 12:43 AM

Romans 6 and Col 2 is speaking of spiritual baptism not water baptism. the two are not the same in any way shape or form except in symbolism. What you are looking at is symbolism. immersed in water = death and burial; raised from under the water = resurrection and newness of life. but Romans 6 is not water baptism. there is no water 10 verse any direction from Romans 6:4. In Col the symbolism is Christ death not water baptism.

The word baptized was used by Christ that had no likeness to water what so ever Matthew 20:22 But Jesus answered and said, Ye know not what ye ask. Are ye able to drink of the cup that I shall drink of, and to be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with? They say unto him, We are able.

And where in the world do you see the gospel of Christ preached in Acts 2:41? In all the previous verses Peter never told them Christ death was for their salvation or for forgiveness of sins or atonement for their sins. As a matter of fact and I quote,Acts 2 36-38 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ. Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do? Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
This is how Peter told them to get saved Repent, be baptized in the name of Jesus (not the Father, Son and the Holy Ghost either) for the remission of sins.

Tell me does that sound like the Gospel of Christ also known as the gospel of Grace to you? I think not. That is the same Gospel John the Baptist was preaching before Christ death "repent and be baptized for the remission of sins". It is called it the Gospel of the Kingdom

So if the Gospels Changed so did Baptism (which they did).

There are three Gospels found in the NT: Mat, Rom-Philemon, and Rev14
There are three Baptisms found in the NT: John's water baptism, Spirit Baptism, and baptism for the dead
There are three churches found in the NT: Pagan, Israel and the Body of Christ.

While I agree the body of Christ is in latent form in Acts two it is not fully revealed until Acts 10.

anyway I think most of this topic is covered in another thread somewhere if I am not mistaken.