View Single Post
Old 11-29-2008, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC1171611 View Post
Being that I am younger than even he, I'm careful in what I say (publicly) about him. However, I will say this: he seems to teach (and post YouTube videos of) the weirdest possible subjects, as if he is trying to make a name for himself but publicizing his preaching. From what I've heard from others, he's also an internet forum troll using hit-and-run tactics to spread his doctrine/teachings and avoiding actual discussion. (I haven't personally experienced this personally, but you can Google his username, "Sanderson1769" or variations thereof)

One of the problems I see with the whole "Repentance" crowd, on both sides, is the incorrect way they all seem to interpret the word or doctrine; he is no exception. In fact, they all seem to define repentance the same way, but one side avoids repentance while the other one crams it down peoples' throats. Repentance, as has been discussed in other places, is simply a change of heart or mind on a subject: it has nothing intrinsically to do with sin. Repentance, as it deals with Salvation, simply means to turn to Christ, away from whatever that person is trusting in or what is between them and the Saviour, be it sin, good works, unbelief or anything else. When people like Anderson teach that Repentance is always from sin (and therefore is not a part of Salvation), and people on the other side of the argument teach that a person must forsake their sin and accept Christ as their Lord and Saviour in order to be saved, then both sides are in a ditch.
I've never seen Steve Anderson define sin as always from sin. I know for a fact, well at least from what he has said on at least one occassion, that repentance is what you just said, a turning/change of heart. Steve, as well as myself, are just sick and tired (I really am tbh) of people telling others they gotta get right before God in order to be saved.

Anywho, I should cut short on this one since I'm getting irritated.

Peace and Love,
Stephen