View Single Post
Old 02-16-2009, 07:55 PM

[quote=ltpage;15532] Priesthood of the Believer

"Priest" is defined as "one authorized to perform the sacred rites of a religion, especially as a mediatory agent between humans and God." Every believer today is a priest of God and may enter into His presence in prayer directly through our Great High Priest, Jesus Christ. No other mediator is needed between God and people. As priests, we can study God's Word, pray for others, and offer spiritual worship to God. We all have equal access to God--whether we are a preacher or not.

1 Peter 2:5, 9; Revelation 5:9, 10 [quote=ltpage; 15132]

ltpage,

Do you have any scriptures from the Epistles of Paul that support this doctrinal point?

I know Paul teaches we have personal access to God for prayer through Christ. And we don't need to be a priest or called a priest or to see ourselves as priests, to study the word of God, to pray, to offer spiritual worship, or minister, we all have those privileges in Christ once we believed.

What I am asking for is scriptures where Paul calls the body of Christ a priest, priests or any individual in the body of Christ a priest? this would verify that this should be taught as a doctrine to the church.

From the way I understand it, if it agrees with the writings of Paul then it is a doctrine for the body of Christ today. if it doesn't it is not for the body of Christ as doctrine but may have applicable practice or spiritual application, in this case I believe the later.

Israel are the priests that is their promised position and after their chastisement is complete in the tribulation they will be set up in the Kingdom and then for all eternity to be the priests of God. the letters of Peter and the book of Revelation are tribulational dispensation writings for the believers after the gathering of the Body of Christ.

it is important to ask who it is written to and for what purpose it is written to them, what dispensation would it fall into, so forth and etc... for the establishment of correct doctrine for today concerning the Body of Christ.

Last edited by chette777; 02-16-2009 at 08:15 PM.