View Single Post
Old 04-04-2008, 08:41 AM
Willie

Quote Beth: I agree that Revangelist and Mikie were polite. this seemed to change when I asked for interpretation of 1 Corinthians 14:20-22. and keep in mind, I never got an answer and looks as though I never will.

Joel Osteen is also polite, but that doesn't mean he does not cause harm to the name of Christ by preaching false doctrine.

All we were asking was for them to back up their preaching.

I'm new here and made myself familiar with this thread. Beth, I think you are in error, maybe not by you convictions, but by your assault. I have Baptist, Methodist and Pentecostal friends. I have places where I disagree with them in regards as to how they interpret Scripture. However, your speech was just shy of an interrogation. I don't think your interpretations are the standard. If I were in revangelist and pastor mikey's shoes, I would have walked away from you long ago. You are not someone I would want to converse with for very long. Just because you disagree with those two doesn't automatically place them in the "false teacher" category.

It also looks like if they would have answered you about 1st Corinthians 14, you would have still said the same things to and about them. You need to learn to show a little grace to those who disagree with you. After all, the Lord has been patient with you when you were a "little off" in your understanding of the Bible.

Yes, you should contend for the faith, and yes you should use the Bible to test everything. But YOU ARE NOT THE STANDARD FOR TRUTH AND ERROR. If I was choosing between being Baptist or Pentecostal based on this thread (and of course that wouldn't be wise, but just for arguments' sake), I would go Pentecostal because they don't seem as quarrelsome and haughty.