View Single Post
Old 04-03-2008, 01:41 PM
Beth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastor Mikie View Post
I admit I'm not an "expository preacher". I'm more comfortable topically. Just a matter of preference and giftings. As a matter of fact, I'm even more comfortable as a music minister, but was lead to a few churches to try and "salvage" them (one was a Southern Baptist Church).

As for the prayer, thank you. I could use it. As one preacher friend of mine would say, "I need the prayer and you need the practice".

And if you don't have any respect for me, that's not important to me, personally. I just don't like being talked down to as stupid or concomitant by someone who disagrees with me. Except for the thesis on 1st Corinthians 12 - 14, I'm going to stop defending "Pentecostalism" on this forum.
I will continue to pray for you. When I'm in conflict with another, I find it's the best medicine.

I would just suggest that you look at the progression of this thread. I asked a question and you got defensive. And you must understand that as a member of the body of Christ, I must always test the spirit of the message someone is giving me. I am warned to do this over and over again. I certainly didn't mean to talk down to you, I see it as I called you out on a few things. To gain respect of others we will respond with meekness in the preaching of God's Word. God's Word is powerful, (all of it, we don't want to skip verses that we feel are not important) and sometimes God's Word can offend. If we use God's Word rightly then our opponent can only go to God if they are angry.

If God's Word offended you then I'm not sorry, but if I have attacked you personally then I am sorry. But please don't change my words. I never called you stupid. I looked up the meaning for concomitant and have to admit I don't get it.

I will apologize for calling you a false teacher. I don't think I have enough information to call you that as of yet. As a Pastor you did not respond in the way I am accustomed to and that's all I should have said. If you don't want to be held to the standard of a Pastor, I will only suggest that you don't put your self out there as a Pastor.

I am glad to hear that you will stop defending Pentecostalism on this forum.