View Single Post
Old 05-27-2009, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Tim View Post
Amen, BibleReader!

What makes American Christians think that we are exempt from the same severe persecution that has in the past existed in many places and today exists in much of the world! Does anyone think that we American Christians have done such a great job that God is going to give us a pass?!? It is only the grace of God and perhaps His reward for the churches in the US being a light to the world for Christianity for so long in our history that we have not already begun to feel the heat of the enemy's breath. Our time to suffer is coming rapidly, and the Church of God in the US is entirely unprepared for it!
That single sentence, the Church of God in the US is entirely unprepared for(suffering), is another burden I feel. I am almost in pain trying to shake people awake, to get them to see that if the master suffered, the servants must also suffer...
18: If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you.
19: If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.
20: Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also.
21: But all these things will they do unto you for my name's sake, because they know not him that sent me.

WHERE is the weeping and wailing? Where is the separation from the world, in the Christian? Why are we so lukewarm? Does the world love you? Do you have many people telling you what a good fellow you are? Then examine yourself, and see if you really are a witness for Jesus Christ! A wise preacher I used to listen to, (he is dead, now), said, if you aren't being disliked or rejected by SOME of the people you come in contact with, you aren't behaving like a true Christian. If everyone likes you, then you are not living for JESUS.