View Single Post
Old 02-21-2009, 08:37 PM

Will

Thanks so much for your response. And I do agree with you, years ago I read Two Babylons and think that the woman dressed in scarlet is the Roman Catholic church. But I know there are saved people who are Catholic

Revelations 18:1 And after these things I saw another angel come down from heaven, having great power; and the earth was lightened with his glory. 2 And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird. 3 For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies. 4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

But here the Lord calls the saved out of this false church. I believe the Holy Spirit calls these people out of falsehood.

Years ago I had a very close friend who was a devout Catholic. I used to witness to him almost every day. I don't think he was saved at first, but I believe he became saved through our conversations. I used to tell him (in a kind way) that the teaching of the Catholic church was wrong, and he came to agree with me. I told him he should probably get himself and his family out of that church. Be he said he thought he could help his church. I believe he started preaching the gospel to his fellow Catholics.

So I truly believe my friend was saved, but continued in the Catholic church. But how can a saved person be happy in a situation like that?

And myself, if I walk in a church that preaches out of any of those corrupt versions, I have to get up and leave. If you know the truth, how can you tolerate lies? This is what I am talking about, if a person has the Holy Spirit, they are going to get convicted about things like this eventually.

And I know a Christian can be deceived. That JW Watchtower really got me confused for a few years. I was a young teen with not much Bible training, and I got all mixed up for awhile. And I don't pretend to know or understand it all, I don't think anybody fully understands the Bible, it is too high for us to truly understand.