View Single Post
Old 07-04-2009, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Presswood View Post
I apologize if you thought that my post was a direct response to you. I simply cut and pasted a portion of my writing here in the thread. I certainly did not mean to imply you compared skin color with spirituality. Even had I thought that, and I do not, I would not have been so tactless as to bring it up here. My desire is simply to discuss the issue, not attack the person.

That Phut fathered the African nations is something that I gleaned from Wilmington's Guide to the Bible by Dr. Harold Wilmington. Cush, as you stated, fathered the Ethiopians and more than likely some others. I am not going to be dogmatic either way.

Again, I apologize for the confusion.
No problem, brother Pressman. I also apologize for taking something you wrote personally when it was not meant that way. My knowledge about the origins of African or black skinned nations, other than a shallow understanding of what scripture says, is based on a few paragraphs out of bible dictionaries and wikipedia rather than any kind of deep study of the topic. I was just trying to express my general perspective about "race" and slavery in the bible and throughout history.