View Single Post
Old 07-01-2009, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHN G View Post
Hey Bro. Chette,

I don't mean any offence at all. I hope we can all work together as brothers and sisters in Christ in growing closer to the image of Him (Rom. 8:29).
But you did cause offense to Sister Greenbear and to George (that is obvious by his post). So take the right steps to make things right.

and the things George said about the word of God. He is correct. you added a whole lot of JohnG and no Bible to your statements of Nicodemus. Remember too Paul used the resurrection to divide the court of Pharisees (who believed in a resurrection and Sadducee's to did not) in Acts 23:6, 7 But when Paul perceived that the one part were Sadducees, and the other Pharisees, he cried out in the council, Men [and] brethren, I am a Pharisee, the son of a Pharisee: of the hope and resurrection of the dead I am called in question. And when he had so said, there arose a dissension between the Pharisees and the Sadducees: and the multitude was divided. so John 3 was not about Nicodemus believing in the Resurrection of Jesus Christ because it never took place yet and he was blinded to any truth of it.

It is easy for us to look back and place our understanding into it. but we need to be careful in so doing we can change the word of God just like Winman, Ironside and most Covenant Theologists today do.