View Single Post
Old 07-01-2009, 08:03 PM

Default Re: "Dispensational Truth and Error"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHN G View Post
"Thanks for your courteous reply Bro. George. No doubt, I still have a lot to learn.

I must contend, however, that Nicodemus already believed in a resurrection
."
John 3:1 There was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews:
Acts 23:8 For the Sadducees say that there is no resurrection, neither angel, nor spirit: but the Pharisees confess both.

"I also think they Nicodemus should have realized [and I believe he eventually did] the powerful loaded terms the Lord Jesus was using. The “Son of man” and Moses and the serpent references should have sent alarms off in Nicodemus’ head to see the Truth sitting before him."
John 3:10 Jesus answered and said unto him, Art thou a master of Israel, and knowest not these things?

Num 21:7 Therefore the people came to Moses, and said, We have sinned, for we have spoken against the LORD, and against thee; pray unto the LORD, that he take away the serpents from us. And Moses prayed for the people.

"Here is Paul before Agrippa and Festus….."

Act 26:22 Having therefore obtained help of God, I continue unto this day, witnessing both to small and great, saying none other things than those which the prophets and Moses did say should come:
Act 26:23 That Christ should suffer, and that he should be the first that should rise from the dead, and should shew light unto the people, and to the Gentiles.

"Nicodemus, being a master of Israel, should have seen Him coming.

Good discussion…
"
JohnG,

Here are your statements (with my comments):
Quote:
"I must contend, however, that Nicodemus already believed in a resurrection ."
So what! He knew NOTHING about the specific death, burial, and RESURRECTION of the Lord Jesus Christ (and that was my "point".) All of the Pharisees "professed" to believe in the resurrection - and they still REJECTED their Messiah & King, and had him KILLED! And after the Lord Jesus Christ's resurrection the Pharisees again REJECTED the Apostles' and Disciples' testimony that Christ had indeed "Risen from the dead"!

{The facts are - the Pharisees REFUSED to BELIEVE in the Lord Jesus Christ's RESURRECTION, and that's the "resurrection" that "counts". Your "point" is "fallacious" and without any merit whatsoever.}

Quote:
"I also think they Nicodemus should have realized [and I believe he eventually did] the powerful loaded terms the Lord Jesus was using. The “Son of man” and Moses and the serpent references should have sent alarms off in Nicodemus’ head to see the Truth sitting before him."
Your point that you: "think they Nicodemus should have realized [and I believe he eventually did]" Is pure "hypothesis" without one single verse of Scripture to back up your "guesswork". And again, your claim that: "The “Son of man” and Moses and the serpent references should have sent alarms off in Nicodemus’ head to see the Truth sitting before him."Is pure "assumption" on your part. Your whole point, from beginning to end, is just wild "speculation". "I think"; I "believe"; and "should have" are all your "private personal opinion", and NOT Scriptural PROOF or SUPPORT for any of your "conjectures"!

Quote:
"Nicodemus, being a master of Israel, should have seen Him coming."

Good discussion…
"
WHY is it that Nicodemus "should have seen Him coming"? Hardly any other of the other Pharisees saw "Him coming"! As a matter of fact the Lord's disciples (who spent practically everyday with Him) - DID NOT "SEE HIM COMING"!

John 20:1 The first day of the week cometh Mary Magdalene early, when it was yet dark, unto the sepulchre, and seeth the stone taken away from the sepulchre.
2 Then she runneth, and cometh to Simon Peter, and to the other disciple, whom Jesus loved, and saith unto them, They have taken away the Lord out of the sepulchre, and we know not where they have laid him.
3 Peter therefore went forth, and that other disciple, and came to the sepulchre.
4 So they ran both together: and the other disciple did outrun Peter, and came first to the sepulchre.
5 And he stooping down, and looking in, saw the linen clothes lying; yet went he not in.
6 Then cometh Simon Peter following him, and went into the sepulchre, and seeth the linen clothes lie,
7 And the napkin, that was about his head, not lying with the linen clothes, but wrapped together in a place by itself.
8 Then went in also that other disciple, which came first to the sepulchre, and he saw, and believed.

9 For as yet they knew not the scripture, that he must rise again from the dead.

Now, If the Lord Jesus Christ's own disciples DID NOT KNOW that he was going to "rise again from the dead" - How in the world was Nicodemus supposed to know? Hmmm?

From the beginning of your Post until the end, all you have given us is your "private opinion" about what you "think" and "believe" SHOULD HAVE happened! Your mis-handling of the Holy Scriptures is without excuse! {Winman should be proud that you are in "agreement" with him!}

And in regards to the "cheap shot" that you took at sister Jennifer (greenbear): Your snide remarks were uncalled for and totally without charity. You've got a whole lot of "nerve" to make personal slanderous remarks about a sister in Christ about whom you know nothing about!

For being a "stranger" to the Forum, you sure are lacking in common courtesy and consideration! Don't expect any more "discussion" or "dialogue" from me on anything more you may have to say on this Forum. Your personal insults to a sister in Christ "crossed a line" (with me). You sure do "have a lot to learn" - and I don't only mean about "rightly dividing the word of truth"; you need to learn something about common decency and respect!

Last edited by George; 07-01-2009 at 08:09 PM.