Thread: My Avatar
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2009, 02:53 PM
Tandi

Hello Brother George,

I sympathize also with your loss......and I think it is impacting your remarks. You were greatly offended that Geologist felt the same way about losing his dog as you did about losing your son.

Quote:
The very idea that you would equate your dog with a person is abhorrent to me! The very idea that you felt about your dog, the way we felt about our son is so foreign to me, as to generate within me feelings of revulsion!
As a result, I think you are making way too much of his remarks. I do not believe he made a snide remark to your wife or insulted her....and besides he apologized for the misunderstanding there. I do not believe he corrected the Scriptures. He is a King James Bible believer just like everyone here! He was merely making a statement about the power of love that is in complete harmony with the Scriptures.

How about this passage:

Rom 8:35
Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? [shall] tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?

Rom 8:36
As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.

Rom 8:37
Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.

Rom 8:38
For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,

Rom 8:39
Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Someone could say that the Apostle Paul is contradicting Solomon to say, in effect, “love is stronger than death.”

There is plenty of paradox in the Bible. We all must live with the tension of paradox and mystery. None of us are so smart that we have all the answers and perfect understanding. We all see through a glass darkly. [Please note: the word “paradox” does not equal “contradiction”]

You have brought up so many issues in your litany of complaints that I cannot begin to address them all. And it would be fruitless, because you would come back with a zinger of a defense. You are very good at that....and I have commended you in the past for it.

Geologist was asking for mercy...and so am I....can’t we just let this conversation end and move on?

No, you did not call for anyone to be banned. You were not the only one I was addressing in the post. It was Forrest who suggested banning, and People of the Way who seemed to be in agreement.

Brother Tim admonished me for quoting only part of a portion of Scripture to make my point earlier in this thread. Yet authors of the NT text took OT Scriptures out of their immediate context to make relevant points. The ox treading the corn comes to mind.

I do not believe that the Scriptures Geologist quoted to make his last point about withdrawing from the conflict were meant to denigrate you in each and every word. If he had quoted PORTIONS of those Scriptures, he probably would have been accused of taking AWAY from the word of God!

The part about “strifes of words” “railings” and withdrawing from disputes is applicable to this situation however (in my opinion). You did refer to his “humanist drivel” and other insulting remarks and accusations.

So now that I have said all of this, I expect that my words will be analyzed, dissected for error and heresy, and I will pay a penalty for speaking my mind.

Oh well. I tried to make peace.

Shalom,

Tandi