View Single Post
Old 06-14-2009, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bro. Parrish View Post
Forrest, your comment above jumped out at me. I've been wondering why you have a problem with the Biblical concept of believers confessing sin to God... so it that what this is all about, somehow you associate the word "confess" with your disability? That is interesting, I'm not sure I follow you though... are you suggesting that someone here would position your disease as an unconfessed sin? Because I certainly don't feel that way at all. As I have stated, I think the issue is walking in fellowship vs. walking in darkness. I just want to make sure I understand your view...
I don't have a problem with a believer who confesses their sin. Re-read my posts. That should be clear. I just do not see 1 John like you and many others do. And I do not associate the word confess with my disability in any way whatsoever.

You're right. I don't know if anyone on this Forum feels this way. Everyone has been kind to me, except some who have been banned. Thank you for getting clarification.

Believe it or not brother, I know from personal experience that some attribute car wrecks, disease, suffering, financial difficulties, and sickness, for example, as chastisement from God as a result of not confessing your sin.

Personally, I once confessed my sins according to 1 John 1:9 but after the MS put me in a wheelchair and in bed, I began to grow in grace and in the knowledge of Jesus Christ and my understanding of that specific verse in 1 John changed. No books, conversations, or songs changed my mind. Just prayer and saturation with Gods word and the Word.

All the disability did was strip me of self so I could really know Christ in a deeper way. Therefore, I glory in my infirmity because through it God has taught ME the preeminence and complete sufficiency of CHRIST.

More of my testimony is here: http://www.christdirected.com/my-story/