View Single Post
Old 08-02-2009, 04:03 PM

It's hardly a hard case. There is no grounds in the Bible for having child after child, unless you are Adam or Noah (Not even Abraham had many). I'm quite cynical at the moment of the whole Independent Baptist movement, after being hurt very deeply from being in it. But the women that pop out a baby every 9 months and think that everyone else should be doing it and elevate themselves as spiritual above others just tick me off. If you actually WANT a baby every 9 months and can SUPPORT it, go for it. But I don't think it's right to do just because you think you are "replenishing the earth", and you've taken a command given to Adam and Noah and applying it to yourself.

Anyway, my wife and I want kids but can't really afford to have children yet. Some people say "Just trust God" and we do, and because we trust God we are using contraception (none of the above ones though), because we trust that God is supplying our needs right now, and He will let us know when the time is right for us to have children. I have many problems of my own that I need to deal with before we bring a child into this world.