View Single Post
Old 11-02-2008, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George View Post
Aloha brother Scott,

I’m a bit disappointed that your “intro” was little bit “antagonistic” (i.e. “Ruckmanites”). There are so few genuine Bible believers left in the world, that unless obvious sin or heresy is involved, we should be seeking to edify one another and building each other up, instead of taking “cheap shots” (name-calling) at some of the brethren that may not see “eye to eye” with you.

Just for the record:

Brother Ruckman's first wife (they married before he got saved), with whom he had five children, "abandoned" him (after 14 years of marriage) after he got saved and called to preach. Should he "abandon" his "calling" because his wife was unwilling to follow him?

After ten years brother Ruckman married the sister of his assistant pastor, and was married for another fourteen years, when his second wife "abandoned" him when she "ran off" with a cop from his congregation. Again - should a brother in Christ, who is obviously called to preach and teach God's word, "abandon" his calling because of an "unfaithful" wife? Hmmm?

I have been blessed of God that my wife of 47 years has not been like brother Ruckman's first two wives (and there is no doubt, that on occasion, I may have given her a reason to leave me), but, just because I have been blessed with a Proverbs 31 wife, doesn’t mean that all of the brethren have been as fortunate as myself (and the same may go for a sister in Christ, who has been “abandoned” by a no-good husband).

I have been a Christian for 50 years, and have never heard or seen any man who is as capable (“gifted”) as brother Peter Ruckman when it comes to teaching the word of God. Now that doesn’t mean that I agree with everything that he teaches, nor am I always in agreement with his “response” to some of the brethren for what he may perceive as their unfaithfulness to the King James Bible.

But having said that I think it is both unfair and unjust for Christians (especially in “leadership” roles) to continually engage in destructive criticism of a fellow brother in Christ, who God has used mightily in the preservation of His Holy word. (And I sometimes wonder if there isn’t maybe just “little bit” of jealousy and envy going on).

Unless a man of God is living in open sin and rebellion against God, or unless a man called of God falls into a clear heresy, I for one am going to give him “a pass”, when it comes to these matters, and leave it up to Almighty God to judge him and his ministry at the Judgment Seat of Christ – I’ve got a whole lot more concern about my service to God, to concern myself about another man’s ministry!

Romans 14:4 Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.

Hello, George....I appreciate your thoughts, I don't take them personally, and I did not mean "Ruckmanite" in a derogatory sense [I thought you guys were proud to be called that]. I was not taking any cheap shots, I'm not that kind of person....The point in the thread [which, this subject been gone over before when this forum was first established ][ah, remembering when Jerry was here] was divorce and remarriage and you took my response as a shot at Dr. Ruckman....As I stated, I'm a realist and all of you that embrace Dr. Ruckman are going to defend divorce and remarriage even in the pastors role [am I wrong there?]....But the Scriptures I used were in the KJV and whether I'm being a smarty or not, you decide, but the questions I raised [which you did not answer] are valid [I'm not going to restate them, just reread them]....And, lastly, your dander seemed to be up [I meant no harm] and you even seem to imply that I was judging someone?? I don't know where that was in my post, but I appologize if you feel that way. I always enjoy reading your posts, George, but that doesn't mean we can't "agree to disagree" on this issue.....God bless....Scott