View Single Post
Old 07-05-2009, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biblereader View Post
Oh wow, that sounds like painstaking, but interesting work.
Did you use clay, too, like they do, in "Bones", and other forensic tv shows?
I used automobile glazing putty and epoxy on Mom's dolls. On a human head they have wax that is used to rebuild facial features with. Clay is not durable enough for viewing a dead body in a funeral home. The clay is to reconstruct features on a skull for identification and was started in Russia. For viewing in a funeral home you only need something that is going to last for the time of viewing and then after burial it don't matter. BR, I've built heads and faces for bodies where no head was left to restore. It's tedious and time consuming(and expensive for families) but it's rewarding to give a family a normal "memory picture" as the industry calls it, of a loved one who was mutilated or otherwise disfigured in and by death.

I've been following the Micheal Jackson thing and the family's call for a second autopsy. It's the nature of biochemistry that if a body is not embalmed within 24 hours after death, you got big problems preserving it. It was a big problem with Anna Nicole Smith in 2007. The reason Pope John Paull II looked so hideous is because the cardinals would not allow any embalming.

Grace and peace

Tony