View Single Post
Old 03-22-2009, 05:11 PM

George

Excellent post. I salute you for being a pioneer of home schooling, I did not know that. My kids were home schooled for several years (all grown now).

And Chette, I am in agreement with you, I do not think Christians should be rebels or lawless whatsoever, I am not advocating that at all. But as George pointed out, there are times when "the law" of the land clashes with Christian belief. In instances like this I think a Christian has to obey God, not man. So, the point I was trying to make is that you cannot just make a blanket doctrine saying Christians must always obey the laws of the land.

As for taxpayer funded abortion, I do feel we have a right to say how our taxes are used. One of the most famous quotations in American history is "No taxation without representation". That phrase originated with the Reverend Jonathan Mayhew a Unitarian minister. Now, I don't agree with Mayhew's beliefs, but he was right about taxes. We are supposed to be a country "Of the people, by the people, and for the people". As Bro. Parrish pointed out, the government is supposed to be the servant of the people. So, the people should have a say in how their tax money is spent. I and many millions of other Americans do not believe taxes should be used to fund abortion.

So, as George pointed out, our form of government is different from many. We not only have the right to speak out against government when it is wrong, it is our duty.