View Single Post
Old 10-13-2008, 12:43 PM

Step,

My Dad did construction for many, many years. He has lots of stories about young "fellers" he taught and seeds planted. His job sites were a lot different from most other ones. Brandon worked for him off and on when we first got married and I remember one job when I brought lunch and they spent the lunch hour witnessing and "talking Bible" to someone else working there with them.

My BIL works for a Christian (owned/run) landscaping company and it has been good for him and his walk. We've had landscaping, carpet cleaning, and various other businesses we've come into contact with where the work crew was just different. Come to find out they were Christian. Usually it is family based, but they do outside hiring when they need.

So, if carpentry is for you there are good places out there. Just have to find them. Sorry to hear about the last minute situation, but sometimes things like that are a blessing in disguise as it leads you to a better place. Hopefully a better atmosphere and someone who will teach you.

Prayed for direction for you.