View Single Post
Old 08-01-2009, 01:44 PM

Amanda,

I am free to state my point of view on this forum. Whether or not I am addressing something you have written it's not just intended for you to read. Read it or not and respond or not, as you see fit.

Amanda's
Quote:
And I'm sure from her point of view that I am full of hate and malice.
That's not my point of view. What I think is that Christians can become blinded to the reason for our existence. We can end up going the opposite direction that we are supposed to go just like Israel did. The Jewish leaders had apostasized and were actually the enemies of their Messiah when He came.

Amanda's
Quote:
Nor does it matter that I FULLY admitted that the Christian is NOT commanded to hate anyone, that any judgment to be made in church is to be righteous in their judgments not with malice but mourning.
We are not just "not commanded to hate anyone", we are "commanded" to LOVE.

John 13:34-35 A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another. By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

We are not only commanded to LOVE our brothers, we are commanded to love our enemies SO THAT we may be LIKE our Father in Heaven.

Matthew 5:44-45 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.

LOVE is the fulfillment of the Law.

Romans 13:10 Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

Galatians 5:14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

Quote:
For anyone else wondering why Bro. George declared this Scripturally unsound he has written about his teaching on this matter. I hesitated to link it as I respectfully disagree but surmised I would likely not get an answer so I went searching

Sis. Pam I knew you too were wondering what his position was on this so here is the link.

http://www.thywordistruthkjv.com/NIC...20-%201web.ht
After looking over my posts I can clearly see a continual disagreement running through most of the threads. It is the idea of authority.
Exactly. The scriptures are THE standard, not men's opinions, whether they be of the brethren, elders, teachers, pastors, husbands, denominations, or the world.

Last edited by greenbear; 08-01-2009 at 02:06 PM.