View Single Post
Old 12-19-2008, 01:50 AM

Well Brother, not entirely sure where you are coming from, but Lordship Salvation has two heads. One of them is Calvinism, and stems from the perseverance of the saints teaching, that God will enable a believer to live a Holy life until the end (that in it's simplest form is truth, but I won't go into the falsities in the perserverance of the saints doctrine). The other, uglier head is that of the Arminian side, that salvation must be kept through works after salvation is recieved by grace.

Salvation is entirely of grace through faith. Faith in Christ's blood. David Stewart (the author of those articles) is a once saved always saved guy... not sure if you said that because you are not, I couldn't really follow sorry.

But I am sure you will find plenty of people here willing to defend eternal security. I doubt you could go into any church and show me anyone that you knew 100% for sure or not was going to heaven or hell. That is not something you could possibly know, and you would only be judging by the fruits that YOU would see.

I am blessed to hear about your studies.

I don't mean to sound overly critical.

I'll just say one last thing brother - John MacArthur also believes in eternal security (once saved always saved).