View Single Post
Old 12-18-2008, 11:27 PM

Default Wow...Don't Exactly Feel The Love There...

Now that was an interesting departure. I felt like the guy was petitioning that I go straight to hell with not even a stop to bow my knee. When people go off on someone like that it makes me want to look in their closet, under their bed, or in the trunk of their car. I must say a few things...first, and maybe this is true because I am new at this, I have done some listening to John in my growth and read some of his stuff and have to say that I have never come across anything that would put that big a bee in my bonnet. I mean, it would be great if he would come to the Light and use a KJV. What I did see was a lot of little blurbs taken out of context and commented on. Anything can seem bogus with that approach...even the Bible. Second, I have come up in a "front line" ministry and there are plenty of things I have experienced from working with "experienced and long-time" followers that would lead me to believe that they haven't read all the parts of the Bible yet. Third, I don't have very much trouble understanding the Bible. I like study and reference Bibles, hence my interest in the notes and commentary. Anything that has to do with history is what I am looking for. I'm a fairly sharp cookie and have been to the circus a couple of times, so getting the drop on me isn't as easy as some might think. Besides, God tells me a lot of stuff, and I know it is Him because I can verify what I am hearing by checking it in Scripture...the KJV one...

Guess I better cancel that Ryrie Bible I ordered tonight.

"John MacArthur clearly teaches that every believer is NOT assured a home in Heaven."

Well...he said that on his web tirade, and, I guess that makes me condemned because I can walk into just about any church today and show you a whole bunch of folks that say their believers who'll beggin' for water alongside that rich guy. I gotta work at it everyday...the adversary doesn't let up just because someone says "thank you, Jesus". Spiritual warfare is as real as anything I have ever experienced in my wildest dreams and worst nightmares. There's that thing in Romans 8.31...keeps me going, and the very nanosecond I forget that Scripture is the day...well...I guess I'll be leaning on my own understanding.

Is this guy one of those once saved always saved guys? I've heard of them...

I heartily agree with you, Stephen, in that the bottom line is study. I know that is true because I read somewhere that faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God.

And I have no more of an idea as to what lordship salvation is than I know about driving a nuclear submarine...