View Single Post
Old 03-29-2009, 11:04 PM

while we all like Hovind's teaching.

But processing your employees taxes as required by the IRS is not unlawful taxation. where are you all getting that? One of his charges was failure to withhold income taxes from his employees salaries and properly reporting their salaries to the IRS using a 1040 form for 17years. that has nothing to do with unlawful taxation my friends. unless you want to be in rebellion to the current legal tax laws that require such you can not say income tax is illegal when it has been required all our lives of every employer we have ever had.

anyone receiving income from a non profit organization whether an employee or not, that organization is required to submit 1040's on behalf of all employees or non employees receiving income if they do not want to withhold the tax for them. Then the employees or a person not an employee receiving income is required to file their 1040 at the end of each year as income and pay the taxes themselves.

They failed to withhold and submit or to file 1040 for their employees or other receiving income from the Not for profit organization. these laws have been on the books for many years and have been updated almost yearly. there in no way as far as this one charge he could claim unlawful taxation or being set up.

you have up to five years to pay or inform the IRS of money that has been given to employees and non employees. divided the ratio and you will see the IRS finally had evidence of evasion of IRS withholding tax laws after 15 years they will move against you the transcript of the court case the IRS mentions they notified Hovind by certified letters many times some times he received them and others he refused to receive them.

I am sorry of this one charge I will not agree that he was setup or framed or falsely charged. All he had to do was submit 1040 forms each year and that charge would have never been filed.

now here is a clear Biblical case for unlawful taxation. but you will notice our Lord paid regardless of it being unlawful

Mt 17:24-27 And when they were come to Capernaum, they that received tribute money came to Peter, and said, Doth not your master pay tribute? He saith, Yes. And when he was come into the house, Jesus prevented him, saying, What thinkest thou, Simon? of whom do the kings of the earth take custom or tribute? of their own children, or of strangers? Peter saith unto him, Of strangers. Jesus saith unto him, Then are the children free. Notwithstanding, lest we should offend them, go thou to the sea, and cast an hook, and take up the fish that first cometh up; and when thou hast opened his mouth, thou shalt find a piece of money: that take, and give unto them for me and thee.

Even Jesus paid taxes that were unlawful, he showed submission to the higher power, and Jesus is our example on how we are to live.

Last edited by chette777; 03-29-2009 at 11:11 PM.