View Single Post
Old 08-23-2008, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chette777 View Post

our righteousness is to be bothoutward and inward. Our righteousness is imputed to us at the time we believe on Christ. we continue inthat righteousness by yeilding to the Holy Ghost and the will of God daily.

the putting away of sinfulnes in Christians life is this. Each Day God should be revealing things about yourself that he is not pleased with in your life. You recognize it as sin you confess it and your repnet. but none of that takes place to earn, keep or prove your salvation. it is the works that God has from the foundation ordained us to walk in.
Hello Brother Chette. I think you believe what I'm about to say. I simply want to expand this great truth. The righteousness imputed to us when we receive Christ is permanent. And I agree, this does not and will not give us the desire to live an unrighteous lifestyle. But praise be to God, if you do sin, Jesus Christ's righteousness still abides. In other words, His righteousness is never conditional to my yielding my members as instruments of righteousness. It's not conditional to our righteous behavior.

And I also agree with you that He does the work in us. Praise God for His working grace. "For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure" (Philippians 2:13).

We are indeed complete in Christ. "And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:" (Colossians 2:10). I have all I need when I have Christ.