View Single Post
Old 04-27-2009, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Personal faith, which we exercise, is to be distinguished from “the faith” which usually refers to truth or a body of truths, although personal faith is directed towards “the faith”. If you will look at verses in this light they will make a lot more sense. The idea that God or Jesus has to give us faith is probably rooted in Calvinism.
You have not read my point correctly, I never said that Jesus has to give us faith but it is not our faith that saves us, its Christ's. I am certainly not a calvinist and never will be. My point is that when our faith lessens, when those who fall away from the faith or are weakened in the faith, they are not losing their salvation for it is God's faith that keeps them

2 Timothy 2:13 If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself.

2 Thessalonians 3:3 But the Lord is faithful, who shall stablish you, and keep you from evil.

1 Thessalonians 5:24 Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it.

1 Corinthians 10:13 There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

1 Corinthians 1:9 God is faithful, by whom ye were called unto the fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord.

Anyway I know what I meant, and apparently it hasn't come across that way and I haven't explained it very well, I certainly don't want to be called a calvinist over this post or appear that way.

Brandon please delete this post