Thread: Secret Rapture
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2008, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chette777 View Post
towinz

i answered it already in a previous post. but simply put.

all slavations in every dispensation have an eliment of faith involved. for noah he was saved from a flood by faith we are told. but he also had to work by building an ark. if he had not worked he would of died in the flood because his faith needed to be accompanied by works.

today you are saved by faith alone without works Eph 2:8,9. no works added or needed for Christ did all the work necessary to save you.

so in that respect salvations are different. some need works accompanied in different dispensations, but only in the church age are you saved by faith alone, only in the church age ae you filled with the presence of God himself (not to keep the laws as the Jews will be in the Millenial Kningdom Dispensation).

if you don't study dispensationally you will blend all salvations into one type. all doctrines for everyone in everyage, and make the body of Christ subjects in a kingdom rather than the Bride alongside the Bridegroom who rules teh Kingdom.

I don't come on line as often as you so my responses are slow and few.
Chette,

Please, could you leave out the dispensational man made doctrines? I think I've heard you say say 'dispensation...' more times that I want to here. If you could, it would be nice to just simply hear you quote verses from the KJB to respond to what people say on these forums. If you cannot have a reasonable biblical discussion without condescending to dispensationalism then perhaps it's time to re-evaluate your 'theology'. We're all KJB lovers here, so I can promise you that if you use this to share your thoughts with us then you'll likely not encounter to much resistance.

Concerning faith, I would like to add that not everyone on these forums is Calvanist. Some of us have actually looked into the man behind the theories and found him and his theories wanting. Concerning works, please show me faith without works, and I'll show you mine with works. Remember that faith without works is dead (James 2:20). Then look at verse 21 and 22, how James uses Abraham as an example of saving faith that is made perfect with works. Then in a verse that if spoken in most Calvanist congregations would get you labelled a heretic, he goes on to say: "Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only." James 2:24.

Chette, don't think I'm seeking strife and debate with you my brother, but rather to help you to understand that it is unwise to go to the Scriptures with anything other than a completely open mind, seeking Truth and Spirit through the Holy Ghost. Much can be gained when one puts aside all the preconcieved notions one has about what the Bible says, and is open to hear what God wants to reveal. It is my prayer that all those that profess Jesus Christ go to the Word of God in this manner.

Much Love in Christ Jesus,
Stephen