Thread: Secret Rapture
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2008, 06:08 AM

Quote:
it just wont be a secret once the body of Christ leaves the planet that much is sure. so I can't understand why they would continue to think so.
I don't know if "secret" is the correct word here. It will be the culmination of the "mystey" of the church (Ephesians 5:32 This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.), with the mysterious catching up (I Thessalonians 4:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.) of the saints to meet the Lord in the clouds.
(1 Corinthians 15:51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed).

How many will be caught up is a mystery also. Will these people be missed? I doubt it. This will be a time marked by strong delusion. There will also be the absence of the Holy Spirit.(2 Thes 2:7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.) This will be a time of great darkness.

2 Thessalonians 2:10-12
"And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness."

Those who've rejected the gospel in the age of grace have sealed their eternal fate.