View Single Post
Old 05-22-2008, 10:00 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by George View Post
"GRACE" - (GRACE = God's Riches At Christ's Expese
JUSTIFIED (JUSTIFIED = Just as if I never sinned).
Quote:
Originally Posted by George View Post
Brother, if any one " thinks they have "anything" to do with their Salvation (other than "believing")...
they "deserve" whatever God has "in store" for them at the Judgment ("Judgment Seat of Christ" or the "Great White Throne").
George, I hope you don't hold copyright on those two acronyms, as I intend to wholly appropriate them shamelessly for my own use, LOL!

As to your second point, I wholly agree with the preface. However, I think the latter portion will be as any other sin....forever washed away. There may be some lack of reward experienced over it, I don't know.

That's why I don't have much trouble with a typical Southern Baptist "Sinner's Prayer", in whatever derivative you may have heard it. As a rule, there is normally a sincer attempt to point out just WHAT it is that you're SUPPOSED to believe in. That is, that Christ is God, Son, Messiah, the ONLY way, and that his sacrifice was all that is/was needed.

Indeed, we've discussed this at my church many times. There will no doubt be any number of Catholics, perhaps a couple JW's, and even....gads!..Mormons in heaven with us. Maybe even an outlaw biker or two?