Thread: JWs
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2008, 09:02 PM

Default Re: Post #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debau View Post
OK. I know this has been covered somewhat before.

Isaiah 43:10 Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.

11 I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour.

12 I have declared, and have saved, and I have shewed, when there was no strange god among you: therefore ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, that I am God.

I think these are the seminal verses for JW's.

How do we show JW's who is the Saviour-Jesus Christ-Jehovah, in the corrupted NWT where it agrees with the KJB, so they can be confounded by their own perversion (NWT), and may see the glorious light of the gospel of Jesus Christ? You would need to know where the corruptions in the NWT are. I didn't do my homework. Maybe you did it for me?
I have only seen one Jehovah's Witness (a Young Couple) turn from that pernicious cult and that was because they were "new" to it, and we (2 of us on personal work) were able to deal with them, not about "salvation" (at first), but with the Deity of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Because of that experience I developed a response to Jehovah's Witnesses. (Somewhat along the lines you mentioned). I have never been able to go through all 6 points with any Jehovah's Witnesses that I have "witnessed" to since then. They normally can take 2 or 3 points and then they find some "excuse" to move on to "greener" pastures.

The interesting thing though, is after my testimony to them, it may be "years" before another JW "darkens" (and I mean DARKENS!) our doorstep again.

If you would like you can find that response on my web page at:
http://www.thywordistruthkjv.com/ Under "Bible Lessons" > "Questions for Jehovah's Witnesses".

The Lesson Covers These Six Questions - with verses from both the New Testament and the Old Testament (Isaiah).

WHO:

#1. IS THE CREATOR?
#2. IS OUR SAVIOUR?
#3. IS THE FIRST & LAST?
#4. Is It That Every Knee Shall Bow & Every Tongue Shall Confess To?
#5. SHARE’S GOD’S GLORY?
#6. IS EQUAL TO GOD?

When I deal with them - I always go to the New Testament (FIRST) and get them to "confess" (with their own mouth) that the Lord Jesus Christ is: (#1, #2, #3, #4, #5, & #6.) I then go back to Isaiah where the LORD (Jehovah) states unequivocally that HE ALONE: IS THE CREATOR; IS OUR SAVIOUR; IS THE FIRST & LAST; IS THE ONE That Every Knee Shall Bow & Every Tongue Shall Confess To; SHARE’S GOD’S GLORY; IS EQUAL TO GOD.

Like I said, I haven't been able to go through all six points in 35 years with a Jehovah's Witness before they skedaddle down the road. They are in a quandary because these verse comparisons prove that the Lord Jesus Christ is indeed the "JEHOVAH" of the Old Testament! and with their own mouth they confess it to be so - before they suddenly "realize" what they have said!