View Single Post
Old 02-29-2008, 12:06 AM
jerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jot&Tittle View Post
Not exactly! Consider these:

Deuteronomy 26:1 And it shall be when thou art come in vnto the land which the Lord giueth thee for an inheritance, and possessest it, and dwellest therein:
Deuteronomy 26:1 And it shall be, when thou art come in unto the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee for an inheritance, and possessest it, and dwellest therein;

Joshua 13:29 And Moses gaue inheritance vnto the halfe tribe of Manasseh: and this was the possession of the halfe tribe of Manasseh, by their families.
Joshua 13:29 And Moses gave inheritance unto the half tribe of Manasseh: and this was the possession of the half tribe of the children of Manasseh by their families.
You didn't specify, so I am assuming the first verse listed is the 1611. The easy solution is that there were printing/typeset errors that overlooked two words in each case - which were noticed and corrected in later printings. Not an error or change in the text of the King James, but in the editions that were printed. We see stuff like that happen all the time - even in our typing on message boards like these. Some people think faster than they can type and miss a word or too or type too fast and spell some words wrong. If I typed out a verse and accidently ommitted a word, the problem is with my typing of that verse - not with the verse itself.