View Single Post
Old 02-28-2008, 11:15 PM
Jot&Tittle

Default Verse comparisons KJB vs. NKJV

Genesis 22:8
King James Bible
And Abraham said, My son, God will provide himself a lamb for a burnt offering: so they went both of them together.
New King James Version
And Abraham said, "My son, God will provide for Himself the lamb for a burnt offering." So the two of them went together.

By adding the word “for” the translators of the New King James Version destroyed a clear prophecy of our coming Lord Jesus Christ’s sacrifice for our sins and the fact that Jesus was “God manifest in the flesh”
1 Timothy 3:16 states, “And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.”
Notice the text of the King James Bible states “God will provide himself a lamb for a burnt offering”, grammatically indicating that he (God) would be the lamb, where as the New King James Version states “God will provide for Himself the lamb for a burnt offering” grammatically indicating that God would get a lamb for a burnt offering but it would not be himself. This is a deliberate attack on the Godhead! Colossians 2:8-9 states, “Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ. For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.
Further, notice that Genesis 22:13 (in both books) shows that Abraham was provided a ram (not a lamb) in the stead of Isaac. John the Baptist twice referred to Jesus Christ as the “Lamb of God” (John 1:29 & 36)

Acts 17:22
King James Bible
Then Paul stood in the midst of Mars' hill, and said, Ye men of Athens, I perceive that in all things ye are too superstitious.
New King James Version
Then Paul stood in the midst of the Areopagus and said, "Men of Athens, I perceive that in all things you are very religious;
Again, the New King James Version translators expect you to believe that being “very religious” is a bad thing. Paul was admonishing the Athenians because of their multiple gods, even worshipping “THE UNKNOWN GOD” (vs. 23), therefore referring to them as “superstitious”.

1 Corinthians 1:21
King James Bible
For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.
1Corinthians 1:21
New King James Version
For since, in the wisdom of God, the world through wisdom did not know God, it pleased God through the foolishness of the message preached to save those who believe.
1Corinthians 1:21
What is the New King James Version telling people? Should preachers be preaching “foolish” messages? The Bible has much to say about foolishness and it would never suggest anyone preach a foolish message.
The King James Bible also states in Ecclesiastes 12:10 “The preacher sought to find out acceptable words: and that which was written was upright, even words of truth.” Does that sound like a preacher preaching a “foolish message”?

Matthew 7:14
King James Bible
Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
New King James Version
Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.
“Narrow” and “difficult” do not mean the same thing, so which one is right? Jesus said in Matthew 11:30, “For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”

John 1:3
King James Bible
All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
New King James Version
All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made.
This is an attack on the deity of Jesus Christ. Either “All things were made by him…” or he was just a helper to God. Just as a city is destroyed by fire, it has to be rebuilt by men. Can you imagine anyone saying “the city was destroyed through fire, but plans are already in place for it to be rebuilt through men. It’s nonsense, and yet the translators of the New King James Version expect you to accept that “all things were made through Him”.

Jot&Tittle