View Single Post
Old 10-03-2008, 09:51 AM

Quote:
I always wonder why someone claims to be a sinner saved by grace, if Jesus took all your sin how much do you have, if he has washed you clean of all your sin, how much do you have?
Brother Scott, you make a good observation. The Scripture no longer calls the believer a "sinner". We are "saints", "righteous", "redeemed", "sanctified", "purified", "sanctified", "forgiven", "washed", "cleansed", and "dead to sin".

But at the same time we still do, say, and think sinful acts, unrighteousness, and ungodliness.

Quote:
I sin every day, I struggle with sin every day, sin almost ended my life many days when I was not right with God. The LORD JESUS CHRIST saved me from my sins, those that I had done, am doing and will do. My soul is bought and payed for, but in this mortal life sin is ever present and all around and I will stumble and I will fall, and my LORD will forgive me and I will get back on my feet and keep following the path of righteousness.
Isn't this what POTW is really saying? In Christ we are "perfect", "pure", "sanctified", "holy", "unblameable", and "unreprovable". Yet, I also know the daily and practical temptations, struggles, and wretchedness of my mortal life. The battle between the "flesh" and the "Spirit".

Scott, I think you and People are saying the same thing. Both aspects apply. Our position in Christ is absolutely perfect. Our daily mortal life is still plagued with sins of thought, word, and deed.

I think Romans 6, 7, and 8 deal with both sides of the issue.

We conclude then that,

"For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him" (2 Corinthians 5:21).

"But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away" (Isaiah 64:6).

Peace and love, Brethren.