View Single Post
Old 06-15-2009, 09:12 PM

Default confess our sins before we get to the "...judgement seat of Christ" Rom 14:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cody1611 View Post
I said yes. We should confess our sins here, so we won't have to confess them at the Judgment Seat of Christ. We're saved from Hell, but God's chastisement is still there if we sin.
Cody 1611 I agree with your Post #66.
I believe as you said " we should confess our sins here, so we won`t have to confess them at the Judgment seat of Christ" not to be confused with the Great White Throne Judgment(Rev. 21:11-15)
I Corinthians 11:31,32
31 For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged. 32 But when we are judged, we are chastened of the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the world.
I believe each of us has a choice, either you deal with your sins, [#1 admit the guilt, #2 abandon the sin(Isaiah 59:12), and #3 accept the forgiveness(Hebrews 11:6)], but if you don`t God will deal with your sin and it will mean chastisement .

I believe that it is a brother that commits the sin unto death. This is not the unpardonable sin.
I John 5:16
16 If any man see his brother sin a sin which is not unto death, he shall ask, and he shall give him life for them that sin not unto death. There is a sin unto death: I do not say that he shall pray for it. 17 All unrighteousness is sin: and there is a sin not unto death.

I believe, that if God chastens you and you heed not the chastening, God may come to the place where he says that is enough you have hurt the cause of Christ long enough and put him in a premature grave.

I was chastened by God. And Thanks be to my LORD, I was chastened according to Hebrews 12:5-8.
Hebrews 12:5-8
5 And ye have forgotten the exhortation which speaketh unto you as unto children, My son, despise not thou the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of him: 6 For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth. 7 If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?

You see, I was born in to the family of GOD at the age of 10. I will be 50 in couple of months. I fell 10 feet, after a 277V shot rendered me unconscious, and basically struck my head. I had a fairly big inter hemispheric subdural hematoma injury to the brain, a skull fracture that took 6 staples to close up. My shoulder required surgery, broke 10 ribs, punctured right lung, and broke some bones in my tail. I have been told by several of my doctors that I am lucky to still be alive, and not only alive but lucky not to be paralyzed. I confessed every sin I could think of and
I John 1:9 promises that if I confessed and sins plural and that he cleansed all or my unrighteousness. And my LORD has returned unto me the joy of my salvation.
The following are cries of a brother, King David, he had committed Adultery with Bathsheba. II Samuel 11:3-5 It was probably a year from the time he sinned until the time he dealt with his sin. Sin wears away on you physically.

Psalm 51:17
The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: and a contrite heart, O God thou wilt not despise.

Psalm 32:5
5 I acknowledged my sin unto thee, and mine iniquity have I not hid. I said, I will confess my transgressions unto the LORD; and thou forgavest the iniquity of my sin. Selah.

Psalm 51: 3,4,10,12
3 For I acknowledge my transgressions: and my sin is ever before me. 4 Against thee, thee only, have I sinned, and done this evil in thy sight: that thou mightest be justified when thou speakest, and be clear when thou judgest
10 Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.
12 Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit.

18 But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen. II Peter 3:18
Richard.Strickland