Thread: Bad tracts
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2009, 08:45 PM
tandy1650

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
Tandy, sorry I spoke to you harshly to start off with...

What is your definition of a reprobate?
Brother I am not perfect and if I have said anything in an unkind way I'm sorry. As far as what a reprobate is I believe Dr. Henry Morris has an excellent note on it in 2 Corinthians 13:5.

13:5 Examine yourselves. Paul here reminds the Corinthians—and us—that it is quite possible for a man or woman to profess Christ and salvation, yet still be unsaved. They may even deceive themselves into thinking that such a profession has saved them. Therefore, we need to examine ourselves, to prove ourselves. The sure proof is the realization that Christ is indwelling us, by the Holy Spirit, resulting in godly lives and glad acceptance of all the revealed Word of God, as inspired by the same Holy Spirit.
2 Corinthians 13:5

13:5 reprobates. A “reprobate” is one who has been subjected to a proof test, and has failed. It does behoove anyone who is doubting and disobeying God’s Word to carefully examine the reality of His professed conversion to Christ. Every professing Christian needs to “give diligence to make your calling and election sure” (II Peter 1:10).

May God bless you. I have been praying for you and will continue to do so.