View Single Post
Old 03-17-2009, 04:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi Christian View Post
When all is said and done, I still stand by my belief that the body of Christ, the Church, is currently espoused (engaged) to be married to Jesus Christ in heaven above at a future time. The main proof texts for this teaching are Pauline and are 2 Corinthians 11:2, Romans 7:4, and Ephesians 5:21-33. Hence why I believe the "Lamb's wife" (the Lamb being Jesus Christ) in the book of Revelation is the Church, NOT Israel. I have yet to see any clear cut scripture which shows that Israel marries the Lord Jesus Christ.
Brother Kiwi, you have not addressed any of the Scriptures we presented. What you did is force Pauline writings into Johanine epistles. To me, that is definitely not rightly dividing the word of truth.

Of course, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. But for the sake of a healthy exchange of ideas, would you please address every Scripture with the word "bride"?

1. Here are clear-cult Scriptures that "the bride" is associated with Israel, and not once ever associated with the Church. (I'm 100% sure there is no Scripture that ever calls the church the "bride".)

Jeremiah 2:32 Can a maid forget her ornaments, or a bride her attire? yet my people have forgotten me days without number.

John 3:29 He that hath the bride is the bridegroom: but the friend of the bridegroom, which standeth and heareth him, rejoiceth greatly because of the bridegroom's voice: this my joy therefore is fulfilled.

Revelation 21:2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
Revelation 21:9 And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife.
Revelation 21:10 And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God,

2. Here is a clear-cut Scripture where Israel will have a future marriage with God.
Isaiah 62:5 For as a young man marrieth a virgin, so shall thy sons marry thee: and as the bridegroom rejoiceth over the bride, so shall thy God rejoice over thee.

3. Now, I want you to interpret LITERALLY who are being referred to LITERALLY in those passages.

4. Would you also please give a definite Scripture that would ever associate the word "bride" to the Church?

5. Or, you may choose to challenge these facts:
1) "Wife" is associated with the Church in Ephesians.
"Wife" is associated with Israel in the OT and in Revelation.
2) "Married" is associated with the Church in Romans.
"Married" is associated with Israel in the OT and in the Gospels.
3) "Virgin" is associated with the Church in 1 Corinthians.
"Virgin" is associated with Israel in the OT.
4) "Bride" is NOT ONCE associated with the Church anywhere, and NOT ONCE mentioned by Paul the apostle to the Gentiles.
"Bride" is ALMOST ALWAYS associated with Israel, and ALWAYS mentioned by the prophets and the apostles to the Jews.

Furthermore, all references with the words "wife" associated with the Church is in the PRESENT and none in the future tense. All references with the words "bride" in the FUTURE TENSE has Israel in the context.

In other words, we have shown all the Scripture concerning "the bride" and found it associated almost always to Israel but no once to the church. On the other hand, you have neither addressed those Scripture, nor were you able to produce one definite verse in Scripture that calls the church a "bride".

For the love of Christ,
Biblestudent