View Single Post
Old 03-09-2009, 03:31 PM

Satan did not physically kill Adam and Eve, but he deceived them which caused their spiritual death.

Gen 3:13 And the LORD God said unto the woman, What is this that thou hast done? And the woman said, The serpent beguiled me, and I did eat. 14 And the LORD God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:

As you can see, the LORD God did not hold the serpent blameless. While Adam and Eve chose to sin, Satan did indeed tempt them, and in that sense is their murderer.

If I told you for example that a cup of poison was simply harmless grape juice, and did so so convincingly that you were deceived, drank the poison and died, do you not believe I would be responsible and a murderer?

And when the Bible says one is born of God, or that Satan is their father, it is not talking about physical birth, it is talking about spiritual birth. When Adam sinned, he took on the spirit of Satan, which he passed down to his children.

Gen 5:3 And Adam lived an hundred and thirty years, and begat a son in his own likeness, after his image; and called his name Seth:

So Seth was born with the fallen sin nature of his father Adam, not the sinless nature of God.

This is the sin nature of the natural man. We are all born with this sinful nature. It is by receiving Jesus Christ that we are born again and receive the nature of God.

1 Cor 2:11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God. 12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

1 Cor 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. 15 But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man. 16 For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.

So all unsaved people have the spirit and mind of the devil Satan. This is why Jesus said:

John 8:41 Ye do the deeds of your father. Then said they to him, We be not born of fornication; we have one Father, even God. 42 Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me. 43 Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word. 44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

And Satan is the father of lies, he lied when he told Eve:

Gen 3:4 And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die: