View Single Post
Old 03-29-2008, 08:47 PM
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin54 View Post
I haven't posted much because I am a young Christian trying to make up my mind, in hopes of following God's teaching, but is progress being made here?
Not really. I think a good discussion of these matters can be very edifying. As I have already said, I used to be a Calvinist, and being corrected by elder brethren led me to study the issue more thoroughly. When I read The Other Side of Calvinism the matter was finally settled for me.

Telling someone they are not a child of God because they do not accept the tenets of Calvinism (or any other "ism" theology, for that matter) is certainly not conducive to constructive debate.

Anyway, I believe that both sides of the issue have been covered pretty well in these threads -- enough so that some amount of edification can be gleaned from them. Whether or not further debate will produce any new information of use is a question to which I have no answer but presume in the negative.

Calvinism is very well represented (defended) in the majority of Bible commentaries available. But the best book on the subject, and I can not stress this enough, is The Other Side of Calvinism and if you are earnestly seeking a clear rebuttal to Calvinism for consideration, you owe it to yourself to read it.