View Single Post
Old 03-29-2008, 07:42 PM
beloved57

Quote:
What does this tell you about the sequence of events? And do you note the phrase "they knew God?" How do you explain this away? Clearly these (given over to a reprobate mind) where not God's Elect in the Calvinist sense. So how is it that Paul says they "knew God," since only "the elect" know God?
So with your reasoning the demons here were elect too..

acts 19:

15And the evil spirit answered and said, Jesus I know, and Paul I know; but who are ye?

please give me a break..

man has a instinctive nature to know about a god a higher being..thats all romans 2 is saying man..

Quote:
This is another example of the Bible making plain man's responsibility and evident ability to respond to God's callings.

Tit 2:11 ¶ For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,
This is another example of your poor teaching skills, for here in this verse grace brings salvation not offer it..

It brings it with power , for grace is Gods power it reigns..

rom 5:

21That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord.

paul teaches this about grace 1 cor 15:

10But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I laboured more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me.

Grace is Gods effectual spiritual power eph 3:

7Whereof I was made a minister, according to the gift of the grace of God given unto me by the effectual working of his power.

Now you explain these verses as I explained your misquote of the titus passage..