View Single Post
Old 02-14-2009, 07:05 PM

Trying to get my thoughts together on how to talk to people involved in abomination sins. I think it is good to distinguish between people who are just caught up in a sin but don't assertively justify the sin and those who justify the sin and put down anyone who opposes their activity (call evil good and good evil). I think the "struggling sinner" should be treated with understanding and compassion, like Jesus dealt with the adulterous woman at the well (John 4:1-30). The self-righteous sinner who despises anyone who does right should be treated forcefully like Jesus did with the Pharisees (Matt. 23:1-39).
As considering the sin itself, it seems to me that sins of perverted sex: Homosexuality (Lev.:18:22 and Rom. 1:17-32), Adultery (Lev. 18:20,26,27), and Beastiality (Lev. 18:23,26,27) should cause an an automatically repulsive reaction by anyone who has the "mind of Christ," even when the sinning person is to be treated gently.
A sin of perverting a young child caused in Jesus (Matt.:18:6, Mark 9:42, Luke 17:2) a deep, irrevocable, deadly hatred against the offender even though action against the offender was to be delayed.

Last edited by Bill; 02-14-2009 at 07:06 PM. Reason: typo