View Single Post
Old 02-28-2008, 06:20 PM
Beth

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1611isperfect View Post
[SIZE="3"]
Preaching to wicked revellers on "Fat Tuesday" at Mardi-Gras.
I say good for you preaching the Word of God boldly.
Quote:
Ezekiel 3:19-21 Yet if thou warn the wicked, and he turn not from his wickedness, nor from his wicked way, he shall die in his iniquity; but thou hast delivered thy soul. Again, When a righteous man doth turn from his righteousness, and commit iniquity, and I lay a stumblingblock before him, he shall die: because thou hast not given him warning, he shall die in his sin, and his righteousness which he hath done shall not be remembered; but his blood will I require at thine hand. Nevertheless if thou warn the righteous man, that the righteous sin not, and he doth not sin, he shall surely live, because he is warned; also thou hast delivered thy soul.
Even if the wicked do not turn from their wickedness, you will still be blessed for warning them.

although, most don't recognize their true nature and that they are sinners, so to tell them to repent of their sins may not make sense to them. We need to use the law, (10 commandments) as the schoolmaster. Make clear the law of God and how we have all transgressed the law. Once they understand their true state and are of a humble heart then they will understand their need of a Saviour.