View Single Post
Old 05-24-2009, 07:48 PM
Ed Edwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
Ed, the internet has only been in it's current form since about 1995.. so I guess you were "soldiering" on during the heyday of Bulletin Board systems.

The only thing I ever used BBS's for was playing Legend of the Red Dragon and TEOS The Exploration of Space. Those door games have now made a resurgence online - they call them "browser" games now though...
TeeHee! (a precussor to )
Did I say internet?
I was on Arpanet (government & their contractors) the predecessor of the Internet probably about 1978. When I got my Commodore 64* in June 1984 I got on Genie (part of GE) Bulletin Board. GEnie had a local-call phone line in each major Metro area. (other competition at the time was AOL = American on Line, AOL was more popular cause they put emphesis on do-your-own-thing -- GEnie had the emphasis on security and responsibility. So it was a public bulletin board I got on (or the proto-internet).

Commodore 64 got its name cause it had a woppin' 64K of Memory (that is 0.064 Meg-o-memory or 0.000064 Gig of Memory)

Remember learning how to use a Concordance at church? Now we just use some high-powered search instrument to study the Bible(s).

In fact, I was getting a hernia toting my 16 pound copy of STRONG's around - it is big also & my glasses aren't good enough to read the tiny print -- all replaced by on-line goodies.

Until the internet came along, athe KJV was the only version to use because it had the most different concordances, commentaries and other helps.

I did use the KJVs alone as a Christian 1952 to 1975 or so - some 23 years