View Single Post
Old 04-14-2008, 09:56 AM

Thanks for the reply, but....

You "slice your own throat" with your line of thinking. To quote Joel and the outpouring of the Spirit hurts your stand on "that which is perfect" just as you suggest it does mine.
Think about it. That won't help, nor does it take away from my position. The sabbath has been done away, but it will certainly be reinstituted (Col.2)...

To pt. 1 above:
You cannot "see through a glass darkly" and call it "clear."

To pt. 2:
Now you have the "unavailable," so show me what he received from the Lord that proves his knowledge of the "glass" to be "in part."

To pt. 3:
The sign gifts are surrounding the passage, true; but the primary focus of the chapter deals with charity. So what if Paul throws something else in there on the side? He does it in all his epistles. When he moves to knowledge, he parks there for awhile. Many read the sign gifts into verse 12, but he's only talking about what he does or doesn't know.

To pt. 4:
I never said that Paul had all the word of God. I said that Paul has all knowledge pertaining to God's word revealed to him.

Now, I'd like to hear your best explanation of what Paul means when he says, ...but then shall I know even as also I am known. No one touches this statement. Will you?