View Single Post
Old 04-05-2008, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbiwolski View Post
Well it has been a week since I proposed a challenge to all of you who believe that "that which is perfect" is the completed scriptures. My challenge is posted on page 4 of this thread and no one has replied. (Jerry's sidestepping reply was not to the challenge, but to a side note. Biblestudent did not reply, but rather decided to quickly change the subject.)
My hands are full this week and next week and next week and next week... It's summer here - evangelism time. Despite my voice problem, I have to preach every night now even though I have to whisper through the microphone. I'm our church's jeepney driver (equivalent to the "bus ministry" in the US), pianist, music director, Sunday School superintendent, kinder school administrator, and pastor, and also part time janitor.
Not only that, I am a teacher in a Bible college and a high school teacher. One would think I am a "super rich" person doing all these. I am not. You know, this is often how the ministry goes in our country - multiple jobs, and you don't even get paid equivalent to one job. I say this cheerfully. My church loves the Lord,and they love me, their pastor. I am neither murmuring nor asking for pity. There is joy in serving Jesus. But I'm afraid to see my work go up in smoke before the Judgment Seat of Christ. So there is nothing to brag when I am an "unprofitable servant" who have only done that which was my duty to do. Just want to serve my Lord the best I could. (Hope, this is a blessing and an encouragement to all of you and not a cursing to me.)

Having said all that, I think you will understand if I ask you to allow me some time "off" from this forum. OK?
Should you say that I am simply giving an alibi for not having a ready answer to your challenge, the fact that you said I "decided to quickly change the subject" is the reason why I need to read and give my answers carefully - and that requires me TIME now. That I have proof or don't have proof for my posts, I'll look at them again later. As for now, I enjoy reading and learning from y'all. See ya!

Last edited by Biblestudent; 04-05-2008 at 08:53 AM.