View Single Post
Old 05-19-2008, 07:02 PM
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by freesundayschoollessons View Post
I see why we bypass each other often on this forum. Your hermeneutic allows for dual meanings. "This verse teaches more than one truth....re-read the verse to find the second teaching: a house divided falleth."

Without drifting too far off the topic of this thread, you really should reconsider your hermeneutics. To say a passage has dual meanings actually matches Origen's hermeneutic.
I don't know how I am supposed to take you seriously. You compare me to Origen when all I have done is accept the very words of Jesus Christ:
Luke 11:17 But he, knowing their thoughts, said unto them, Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and a house divided against a house falleth.

I'm doing nothing except accepting Christ's words at face value. Of course Christ was dealing with demon possession, but in that he spoke of another truth, which is what was pointed out to you. Origen was all about finding hidden meanings that didn't even fit with the Bible. I am telling you that the truth Christ cited against one case is no less truth in another case.

Now of you think a house divided against a house doesn't fall in any case other than demon possession, then you are beyond reason!