View Single Post
Old 09-19-2008, 05:20 AM
ericwgreene

Quote:
Originally Posted by George View Post
ericwgreene,

A perfect "sophistical" answer: I demonstrated from scripture the "context" - you "preferred" to ignored the context and privately interpreted the verse to support a preconceived conviction, and then added to the Holy words of God to suit your own purposes.

I was dealing with what you said - not with what brother Chette said. You can try to "misdirect" (another device used by "sophists") my criticism, but you criticized a fellow brother in Christ and that was the issue I was dealing with - which you artfully chose to ignore.

If you read my Post - I not only never said that brother Peter Ruckman was my "guide", I made it perfectly clear (for anyone with a minimum of reading comprehension) that I rely solely on the Holy Spirit as my guide when it comes to spiritual understanding. I don't rely on any man (living or dead) to "guide" me through the Bible.

And so we are still left with the fact that in your first three "Posts" on this Forum, you as a "newcomer" - took the only scripture you cited (in all three of your posts) out of context; slyly "intimated" that we all are "ignorant"; have "preconceived assumptions"; that we have embraced "error"; have the "wrong interpretations"; and are full of "pride" and "arrogance"; and have clearly demonstrated by the rest of your Posts since your initial posts, that you have a "preference" for which ever Bible suits your purposes for the moment and have a preference for dead Calvinists (and possibly some that are alive) privately interpreting the Holy Scriptures for you.

So the charges still stand, although you "skillfully" tried to deflect them, and make them of no importance, and ignored 90% of the rest of my comments. Nothing has changed. You have come here to stir up trouble and to "argue" with whoever will engage you, and at some point when you find out that you are unable to persuade us to your "preferences", you will silently fold your tent and slip away into the darkness from which you came.

I don't debate Humanists or Sophists - there is "no profit" in it!

2 Timothy 2:23 But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing that they do gender strifes.
So you have placed yourself as prosecutor and judge... I think it is clear who your final authority is... YOURSELF. Violation of the 1st and 2nd Commandment.