View Single Post
Old 09-18-2008, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
The Evidence Bible -

I owned one, so I can testify that this is actually what is written in it as the commentary for Matthew 7:21-23

"These are perhaps the most frightening verses in the Bible. Vast multitudes of professing Christians fit into the category spoken of here. They call Jesus 'Lord,' but they practice lawlessness. They profess faith in Jesus, but have no regard for the divine law. They tell 'fibs' or 'white' lies, take things that belong to others, have a roaming eye for the opposite sex, etc. They are liars, thieves, and adulterers at heart, who will be cast from the gates of heaven into the jaws of hell."

Basically, in order for Jesus to know you and not cast you into hell, you have to be sinlessly perfect.

What any Christian is doing being judged at the judgment of the nations I have no idea, but Comfort doesn't rightly divide.

Having said that, there are literally HUNDREDS of REALLY GOOD notes in the evidence Bible, but stuff like this just makes it a waste and is poison amongst the good stuff.
A little leaven leaveneth the whole lump.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
Our dear brother Stephen is a mennonite and loves God dearly, and while he has had heated discussion with the forum over certain issues, he has done it in a manner of grace and love that is uncommon amongst many Christians.
You're way to kind. I've been a royal pain in the rear! George, and Chette are witness to that. I have a lot to learn. I just don't always see it that way, lol. This certainly is a good place to do it.

Peace and Love,
Stephen

Last edited by stephanos; 09-18-2008 at 10:48 PM.