View Single Post
Old 01-25-2009, 05:22 PM
Bro. Parrish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_A_Thought View Post
was not aware that being called a KJVO was an insult!
Well in your case it was packaged with a stereotypical wrapping and a judgmental ribbon, I don't think I was the only one to pick up on it, here are your words:

"Keep in mind that most KJVOs are hardcore individuals and mean well. There is, however, usually no way of changing thier minds or expecting a straight answer sometimes. If they have a good answer they are swift to give it. If they do not have a good answer they are gruff and sometimes very rude."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_A_Thought View Post
The name you have labeld me with is slander but I am not offended easily so I will move on.
But how is it slander, when you indeed deny the nature of the Bible?
You deny the KJV is the INERRANT Word of God, do you not?
You deny the Word of God is PRESERVED ON EARTH, do you not?
You deny the Word of God is EXISTS ON PAPER, do you not?
Answer me straightly, or correct me if I am wrong about your doctrine, please.
You deny the very essence of the Bible, the nature of the Bible itself, thus it seems to me you are a Bible denier, and your rhetorical questions strike me as less than sincere.

Quote:
Well, you are right I am not a KJV defender but I do promote the KJV. I believe it to be a very accurate translation.
Really?
How can you say that, when everyone can see you already stated,
"we do not know which manuscripts are right."

If you have no idea which manuscripts are right, you have no idea which Bible is right. Sorry, but you nailed yourself to the wall on this, and you keep pushing it.

Quote:
I was not aware this was what Christianity was based on. I have to have everyone elses views to be taken seriously? That would make for a shallow wolrd if everyone had to conform to someones beliefs. I am glad God gave us freedom of choice.
Well faith comes from hearing the Word of God, (Romans 10:17) so yes, it is very important that we identify and clarify exactly what that is. God did give us freedom of choice, but there is still only one way to Heaven and we have no other choices about that! But you wouldn't be able to agree, since you have no idea if any of the manuscripts are right, and the only Word of God is in heaven! I hope you can see my point, it's the 800 lb. gorilla sitting in the corner of your room.

Last edited by Bro. Parrish; 01-25-2009 at 05:41 PM.