Thread: 1611 Design
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2008, 01:08 PM
ok.book.guy

my Companion KJV, along with James Strong Concord, with Smith's Bible ditcionary. However, I go back to the 1611 for references, just as I go back into the copies of the Greek manuscripts. Basically, I begin with the KJV, but totally depend on the manuscripts. From the manuscripts, I then search for the differents variants contained within these different copies. To me the most reliable is the Ethopic manuscripts,

You will help yourself immensely by not relying on Bullinger's Companion bible. I may have you all wrong Kevin, but I don't think I have. I think you are in the tradition of the Greeks who search after wisdom and then miss the truth (refer to 1st Cor ch's 1 and 2).

Besides, what you are attempting to do with your original manuscript work simply cannot be done. Neither are we called to do it. The Lord has already preserved His word to you (an english speaker) in the KJV. Its all right there RIGHT NOW.

NOW EITHER YOU BELIEVE THIS, OR YOU DON"T.

To me the most reliable is the Ethopic manuscripts

God's word is objective truth. You (and all textual critics) are using your own subjective perspectives to stand in judgement on God's word.

The late Dr. Edward Hills (author of King James Version Defended) was an expert in textual criticism. At one time he was an expert, work-a-day, technical professional with many more resources and education in this subject than you or I will ever have. Read his book I mentioned and see what his advice to you is on this matter. Its really a fool's errand you've put yourself on. And its costing you time you could be reading and praying over God's preserved word in english.